Category ArchiveFull of Myself
I wrote about this almost a year ago :
1. I am a brand. I will constantly Market myself. Few people know me, fewer than I’d like. I can hang a sign on my door, or on my blog advertising who I am and what I do well but I expect that people won’t come knocking down my door on the first day. I need to constantly market myself. Constant self promotion can be pretty distasteful to many but itâ€™s the only way to survive and thrive. I will use tools like email (I wonâ€™t spam), I’ll call potential clients and attend events where I might meet potential clients. This is a regular part of my day or week. If a client is supporting a charity or sponsoring a ticketed event, I will attend. I will give something back to my client. My client will appreciate this and introduce new business to me.
Full of Myself 09 Jun 2007 03:07 pm
Too often, we see people who are living life in a spin with no direction whatsoever. This affects almost everything they do and almost everyone around them. Sometimes I myself get in a spin and lose all sense of what is right and wrong. A roadmap for life would be a cool idea but with so many variables to consider it is an impossible task. Impossible is nothing they say, so there must be a way to define at least a general course for things we do or things that matter to us :
Whatever we do, like professional and personal goal setting, we all need a mission statement for our respective professional and personal lives. These should encompass our objectives, our core values and ethics and should be the lighthouse or beacon for everything we do. Doing this helps us define what is important and also gives us a picture of what we define as success.
Do you have a mission statement in either your personal or professional life?
- The thing most people know me for isâ€¦My passion for technology and innovation, I’m always looking for a quicker, easier, cheaper way to do something. Sometimes I do it successfully, sometimes not
- The people I associate the most with areâ€¦My family and those who inspire me
- People who have influenced my life areâ€¦My parents, my brother, Mr Claasens in std 9, Michael Dertouzos, PaulW
- One challenge I took on and overcame wasâ€¦Swimming an open water long distance race without training, fueled by 12 dishes of spaghetti, 32 sachets of corn syrup and a bit of courage.
- My early years, before you probably got to know me wereâ€¦well protected from all foreign influences – I escaped to Europe at age 24 where my eyes were opened suddenly.
- You might not know this, but â€¦I was once a budding artist, photographer and electronics hobbyist.
- Iâ€™m passionate aboutâ€¦Maria, Panos and George Jr II, Technology and my workplace
- In the next year or two, I hope toâ€¦Run the Athens Classic Marathon and Buy a house
Search term “Stavros Messinis” (me!!) is No. 1 on Google.
obective 1 – COMPLETE
it now points to this weblog
obective 2 – IN PROGRESS
search term Stavros to be about me – currently it points to http://www.stavros.org
THEIR MISSION STATEMENT:
Promoting independence and access in our communities for persons with disabilities and Deaf people
Actually I hope I don’t unseat you guys. Seems to me what you’re doing is so much more important.
Did another Glory Search again this evening –
wooooohoooooo !!! 1st entry on Google for search term “Stavros Messinis” (that’s up from 8th and No, the rooms for rent (entry 2 – down from 1) are not referring to me so you can’t stay for free).
Still, it’s a reference to the Centric CRM translation I’m doing and not directly from this blog but we’ll soon change that.
Next target – 1st entry for search term “Stavros”
This is not the first personal blog I’ve started. It will, however, be the last. So thanks to Theo, I now have a subdomain to call home. I plan to talk about Technology mostly but will also cover things I’m less experienced in such as life, business and all sorts of other stuff.
So ‘Hello World’